Randhir Sud, an Indian gastroenterologist and the Chairman of the Medanta Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences, is known to be one of the pioneers of Gastro Intestinal oncology in India. He is a previous co-executive of the branch of gastroenterology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
Sud graduated in solution (MBBS) from the Government Medical College, Amritsar in 1977 and began his profession as a lesser occupant specialist at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi in 1979. While working, he proceeded with his learns at AIIMS to secure a MD in 1981 and lined it up with a DM in gastroenterology in 1983. He worked at AIIMS till 1985 and moved to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi, where he labored for a long time till his turn to Medanta in 2010. In the middle of, he likewise served as a meeting educator at the Harvard Medical School, Boston in 1999, at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, Texas and the University of Alabama, Birmingham.He is additionally an inspector for the Diplomate of National Board examinations in Gastroenterology of the National Board of Examinations. The Government of India granted him the fourth most noteworthy regular citizen respect of the Padma Shri, in 2008, for his commitments to medication.
Medical School & Fellowships
Govt. Medical College, Amritsar Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Pb.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), New Delhi.
Brigham and Women Hospital, Harvard,Medical School, Boston, USA
Designation & Department
AIIMS, New Delhi
AIIMS, New Delhi
Consultant in GE
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
Teaching under graduate and postgraduate students
AIIMS, New Delhi.
Approved teaching faculty and examiner for Diplomate
National Board examination in Gastroenterology conducted by the National Board of examinations.
Harvard Medical School, Boston USA.
Visiting Professor University
Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Galvaston Texas U.S.A.
Visiting Faculty University
Alabama Birmingham Alabama U.S.A.
Awards & Achievements
1. First Prize for standing first in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
2. Bronze Medal for standing second in Anatomy in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
3. Bronze Medal for standing second in Physiology in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
4. Silver Medal for standing first in Pathology and Microbiology in Second Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
5. Silver Medal for standing First in ENT in Final Professional Examination.
6. Silver Medal for standing First in Medicine in Final M.B.B.S Examination.
7. Silver Medal for standing First in Clinical Medicine Examination.
8. Bronze Medal for standing Second in Surgery in final Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
9. First Prize for Standing First in Final Professional M.B.B.S Examination.
10. University Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for standing First in Final M.B.B.S Guru Nanak Dev University Punjab
11. Indian Society of Gastroenterology “Master in Endoscopy” gold medal 2004
12. Awarded Fellowship of International Academy of Medical Specialities 2000.
13. Membership of Faculty of 1000 medicine June 14, 2005.
14. Conferred Visiting Professorship, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA, June 1999.
15. Conferred Visiting Professorship, University of Texas Medical Branch UTMB Galvaston Texas, USA 2005.
16. Given public reception at Sood Sabha of Delhi, Annual function in 2000 for outstanding service to the Society.
17. Awarded Bharat Ratna Priyadarshini award by Delhi University – DURA 2003-04.
book appointment with Dr. Randhir Sud
Disclaimer - Results may vary from person to person.
India Health Help is a holistic medical tourism platform that offers to patients from around the world a chance to access some of best medical services in India. With access to the best hospitals, diagnostic centres, multi-speciality facilities and super-specialist medical expertise, we channel the right patient to the right medical solution for quick, effective and affordable recovery.