INDIA HEALTH HELP BLOG
Plan your Breast Cancer Treatment in India’s Top Hospitals
January 16, 2018
What is Breast Cancer?
Collection of cancer cells arising from the breast cells is known as breast cancer. Breast cancer is mostly observed in women, but in some cases it also affects men. The formation of a confined small tumor or calcium deposits is the foundation of any breast cancer that spread from the blood stream into the different channels or other organs inside the breast into the lymph nodes. The rate of spread and growth are different that can spread even further than the breast.
Breast Cancer Symptoms
In the early stages, breast cancer does not show any symptoms. However, few symptoms are:
- Pus like fluid coming out of the nipples can be bloody, green or clear to yellow.
- Breast lump or lumps in armpit which has uneven edges and hard. They usually do not hurt.
- Change in size or shape of breast or nipples.
- Breast lumps, pain, tenderness are some common symptoms of male breast cancer.
Welling in the armpit
Discomfort or breast pain
Types of Breast Cancer
Invasive Breast Cancer: Invasive breast cancer develops when cancer cells spread outside the lining of lobules or ducts into the nearby tissue of the breast. Invasive breast cancer can be categorized into different types –
- Inflammatory Breast Cancer: This is considered as rare type of breast cancer. The breast may become swollen or inflamed when cancer cells blocks lymph vessels of the breast skin.
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer: There are no receptors in this type of cancer for HER2 protein, estrogen or progesterone.
- Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer: This type develops from the cells lining the breast lobes and this type is hard to diagnose on a mammogram.
- Paget’s disease of the Breast: A scaly or red rash is visible on the skin of the nipple that results in this type of breast cancer. Women who are suffering from this may also have invasive breast cancer or DCIS.
- Invasive Ductal Breast Cancer: When cancer cells that line the duct have spread into nearby breast tissue then it results in invasive ductal breast cancer.
- HER2 positive breast cancer: When there is a large number of protein (known as HER2) in breast cancer cells on their surface then it results in HER2 positive breast cancer.
HER2 positive breast cancer: When there is a large number of protein (known as HER2) in breast cancer cells on their surface then it results in HER2 positive breast cancer.
Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): This is considered as the one of the earliest forms of breast cancer. The cancer cells are present in the breast ducts though they have not spread to nearby breast tissue.
Types of Breast Cancer Surgery
Breast cancer surgeries depend on the characteristics of the tumor, the quantity of healthy tissue that is removed along with tumor or the tumor has metastasized or not. The different types of breast cancer surgery are –
- Total Mastectomy
- Modified Radical Mastectomy
- Radical Mastectomy
- Lumpectomy (wide local excision)
Breast Cancer Treatment
Treatment options for treating breast cancer include –
Radical Mastectomy: The chest wall muscle along with the breast and the axillary lymph nodes are removed in this surgery.
Mastectomy: The removal of all the breast tissue is done while performing a mastectomy.
Radiation Therapy: This therapy uses high energy rays for destroying cancer cells.
Chemotherapy: In this therapy medications are used that travel through the bloodstream to the cancer cells. These medications are given either through the mouth or by intravenous injection.
Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is used for reducing the risk of cancer reoccurrence after the completion of the surgery. A hormone produced by the ovaries known as estrogen helps in promoting the growth of breast cancers.
Fighting cancer with the right of surgery under experienced eyes can make a whole lot of difference. At India Health Help, we identify the worth of excellent health and well-being of our patients and hence our aim is to provide the best Cancer Treatment in India. India Health Help is a holistic medical tourism platform that offers to patients from around the world a chance to access some of best medical services in India at affordable prices.
Our treatments are available in almost all the cities of India with advanced technology and infrastructure. To know more about cancer treatment in India, visit our website, www.indiahealthhelp.com or call- (+91)-999-995-0957