INDIA HEALTH HELP BLOG
Brain Tumor Surgery – Get it done from India
April 4, 2017
Thanks to high-tech medical facilities, state-of-the-art hospitals and top neurosurgeons, India has earned an enviable position on the global map as the ultimate destination for brain tumor surgery. The country is a name to reckon in this specialized field and offers the best treatment with meticulous attention to quality, safety and patient care at an affordable rate.
Given that brain tumor is a life-threatening medical condition that evokes fear and anxiety, it is imperative to have some information about the ailment. So what exactly is a brain tumor? In simple words, the cells in our brain sometimes grow and divide abnormally to form a mass of tissue or lumps. These are called brain tumors which can be cancerous or benign.
Warning Signs of Brain Tumor:
It is important to be aware of the brain tumor symptoms so that one can act on them fast and embark on a treatment plan at the earliest. Needless to say, a tumor detected in the initial stage can be treated with success as opposed to that which has spread. Read on for some warning signs:
- Severe and frequent headaches that persist despite taking painkillers
- Nausea, vomiting or giddiness
- Seizures or convulsions
- Problem in vision such as blurriness and flickering
- Weakness or gradual loss of sensation in an arm or a leg
- Loss of balance and issues with motor skills
- Difficulty in speech and swallowing
- Loss of co-ordination
If you experience any of these symptoms persistently and are concerned, it is prudent to consult a specialist for an accurate diagnosis. The neurosurgeon may recommend a CT scan, MRI, biomarker testing, biopsy and a lab analysis to understand the stage and the complexity of the ailment.
Types of Brain tumors:
Brain tumors are classified as primary or secondary. The former originate in the brain and can develop from cells, meninges, nerve cells, glands. They are non-cancerous, do not invade surrounding tissues, nor spread to other parts of the body. However, they can be fatal if they start pressurizing sensitive areas. The secondary tumors, on the other hand, spread to the brain from other organs.
Types of Brain Tumor Cancer:
Brain tumors can be cancerous. The most common forms of this kind of cancer are Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM and metastatic brain tumors (brain metastases). Brain tumors are graded 1-4 on the basis of how they look under the microscope and how fast they are growing. Grade 4 (GBM) is referred to as aggressive malignancy.
Brain Tumor Surgery:
In terms of brain tumor treatment, surgery is the first option. Thanks to earlier diagnosis, meticulous planning, cutting edge tools, technological advancements and innovative procedures like PET-CT, IGRT, Cortical mapping, microsurgery, computer-assisted volumetric stereotaxis and Gamma knife surgery, most benign tumors can be successfully removed.
The surgical procedure for brain cancer treatment is called Craniotomy. It involves removal of the malignant tumor to get rid of the cancerous cells. When surgery is not possible due to the size or position of the tumor, radiotherapy, proton beam therapy and chemotherapy is recommended.
Why is India the preferred choice for brain tumor surgery?
- India boasts of world class healthcare infrastructure, modern premises, updated diagnostic and imaging facilities, ground-breaking technology and the latest advances in neurosurgery to detect brain tumors.
- Armed with vast experience, the world-renowned specialists in neurosurgery have the proficiency in treating all kinds of brain tumors effectively for a positive clinical outcome.
- Patient’s benefit from individualised attention, unmatched service along with all-around care from the initial diagnosis to surgery through post treatment.
If you are recommended brain tumor surgery look no further than India Health Help. A most trusted healthcare tourism company in India, it offers patients access to the best hospitals, modern therapeutic techniques, top-notch medical fraternity and unparalleled customer care at rates that are well within the budget.